The Concept of the Exhibition:Non Discriminate
Open for Entries: February 14, 2022
Deadline: May 8, 2022
Jury Evaluation: May 9-11, 2022
Accepted works: May 23, 2022
30 May, 2022 Hagia Sophia
23 June, 2022 Beyoğlu Art Gallery
Application Address www.posterist.org
People are not all alike...
In recent years, our expectations, dreams, and concerns are now very different from the past. Today, health, environment, economy, socio-cultural problems, and many similar issues affect our daily lives deeply; they change us. As just one of the problems peculiar to this age, with the widespread use of communication tools, relationships also become virtual.As a result, while people come together on social media, they also become individualized and experience unexpected conflicts and separations. For this reason, by centralizing a unifying concept - nondiscriminate, we invited designers from different countries to share their social and individual perspectives through their posters to take a closer look at the events that affect us. We believe that what we need in today's world is to listen carefully and understand each other better.
INSTITUTION ORGANIZING THE EXHIBITION:
Organized by Fatih Sultan Mehmet Vakif University Graphic Design Department, the exhibition can be viewed online at “www.posterist.org” on 23.05.2022, and the works will be exhibited simultaneously in an art gallery.
TERMS OF PARTICIPATION
- Participation in the exhibition is open to everyone and free of charge.
- Only applications made through the “www.posterist.org” website will be considered. Works that are transmitted by a different method or that do not comply with the determined concept or will harm other people and institutions will not be evaluated.
- Images of the works accepted for the exhibition will be kept in the digital archive of Fatih Sultan Mehmet Vakif University and may be used in all kinds of promotional activities such as posters, catalogs, brochures, etc. and also by on the internet pages, television broadcasts, internet and social media sites, events and educational activities by Fatih Sultan Mehmet Vakif University.
- All artists/designers participating in the exhibition and whose designs are decided worthy of being exhibited are deemed to have accepted the provisions of this specification in advance.
- The exhibition date and venue can be changed by the organizing committee.
- Designs can be made in any technique. The works uploaded to the website should have 50x70 cm. dimensions, 300 dpi resolution and JPEG format.
- Each applicant can participate with a maximum of 3 posters.
- The designs should not contain any logo, institution name or sign; no logos or images for commercial purposes should be applied.
- Submitted designs must not have been exhibited, published or awarded anywhere before. Works that have been exhibited or participated in a competition before will be excluded from the exhibition at the evaluation stage or if noticed afterwards.
- A verbal message (title, slogan, etc.) that supports the visual design can be used on the posters. The language of the messages to be used on the designs participating in the exhibition can be Turkish or one of the local languages of the participants. However, if one of the local languages is used, the English version must also be present.
- The works will be evaluated on digital environment by the juries. Works deemed suitable for exhibition will be published on the website on May 23, 2022.